Arrival in Leuven


Friday night, I made it to the monastery where I'm staying around 10:15pm and checked in and got to my room (left) and to bed around 11:00. ZZZzzz... They couldn't be nicer here. Br Omer is the contact person for guests. He said they have about 900 students come through in a year's time from all over the world. There are 30 Chinese students in town for some program. they are staying here. Then next week more students coming to study and look for apartments.


I have checked online and contacted all the people advertising there. Then I'm also walking through neighborhoods and looking for signs like the one here. It says 'te huur' = to rent, and gives details about the apartment and who to contact. So I contact, get more details and see if I can see the place. So far landlords have been nice. Most speak English, but some have to deal with my dutch. I've gotten along so far. Say a prayer for the apartment search, for me and for my fellow students.
Thanks, Amy

The following are movies and photos. The videos are a minute or two, but take a while to download. The Ireland photos are a powerpoint, and come down quicker.

Video Greeting
AerLingus Safety Video
Photos from Ireland Layover

Comments

Anonymous said…
The fact that you CAN speak a little bit of Dutch is a tribute to your love of learning! Hope the search goes quickly and well... You are in my prayers!

Pat M
Looks like the dorms to me. Back to college! I hope the apartment that is just waiting for you to find it is perfectly delightful, has lots of windows, and as much light as possible. Miss you here. Sharing of the Heart tonight won't be quite the same. Off to finish some packing. Take care.
Sarah