Found a place


Okay, life is grand. I found a great place. It is on willemsstraat 27, there is a postage stamp back yard which is enclosed by brick covered by ivy. It is called a 'tuin' pronounced town in dutch. So it is my own little secret garden, prayer corner. Then coming forward, there is a bedroom, about 8x10, that opens onto the tuin. Just four almost square walls. Then a little hallway that has an entrance into the apartment hallway on one side, and the bathroom on the other. Coming forward is the livingroom/kitchen that is 15x12. There are two large windows, and another door onto the street. It is first floor, which will be AWESOME for moving in and guests and such. Here there isn't really any crime, and it is a quiet residential neighborhood. But just a few blocks from the train station and shops and my schools.

If all goes well, I'll get the keys on Sept 1. They had said Sept 15, and I was trying to figure out how to make that work - then I think they figured that if they coudl rush it, they coudl get another two weeks rent. I'm renting from a Notary - which is a kind of lawyer here - they handle all property matters, and are required to register and 'officialize' the real estate transactions.

Peace, Amy

PS: I thought you might like to see a belgian keyboard. Note that some of the letters are mixed up, e.g. A and Q, W and Z, M and semicolon. This is just enough to make me CRAZY when I try to type

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, Amy! Glad to find your blog here, and to learn that you made it to Belgium and have already found a place to live. Pretty amazing!
Anonymous said…
Amy,
So glad to see you have found your SPACE. can't wait to see something in the space but nice to know you have some space...
Keep the news coming I look forward to see what's happening when I come home each day.
Nancy in Atlanta
Anonymous said…
...And who said miracles don't happen anymore? I'm happy for you. How do you go about getting furnishings, now? Do they have garage or yard sales or do you really have to go out and purchase new everything? How is this place fixed for electric outlets? Oh I could keep asking such questions, but I'm sure you'll keep up posted on progress.
--Pat M
Anonymous said…
Oh how special to see your new home. Thanks for keeping us connected. This is great! I just talked to Sarah and she is on her 'road-trip' to St. Paul. Your new home looks great. I know your 'heart' home will be ready for your studies very soon.
Love,
Marianne
Unknown said…
This apartment looks fabulous! The big windows are great (although you'll want some curtains since you are on first floor, especially on the front facing ones). I love love love the little garden. It seems perfect! Is there an oven?

Oh, and that keyboard would require me to go on medication.

Love,Jess