On the Way to Belgium




Greetings

9pm Central Time - Just left Chicago.
Just a few notes from the trip so far. I left St. Louis just fine and arrived Chicago well. I decided to take a picture of the plane before we boarded. So I took my picture, and as I turned back into the lounge, CNN was announcing that a tornado was hitting Chicago. Within minutes, we were in the midst of a downpour. (Photos above were just a few minutes apart) We nevertheless boarded on time. Then we sat on the runway for just over four hours. However, the plane was hearly empty, so I moved from my window seat to the center bank of seats (four across) and stretched out. So I snoozed through the wait on the ground. They said I had to sit up for take off, even though I had fastened my seatbelt around me while lying down.

So I figured since I had been thus awakened, I would go ahead and take dinner. The estimated arrival puts me in 2 hrs late for my connection. So we'll see how that all transpires.


9am - Dublin
I'm currently layed over in Dublin. Delays in Chicago made me miss my flight to Brussels. So I'll 'do lunch' in Dublin and get back for an evening flight to Brussels. I told the guy at passport control that I missed my connecting flight and wasn't sure how long I would be here. He cleared me to stay for a month....

I bought some internet access at the airport so I could let the folks know in Leuven. Skyped their Vonage.... Crazy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yay! You're there! A little stay in Dublin sounds charming. Did you resist the urge to sing all of the Irish songs you know?

I'm anxious to hear about how your apartment search goes. Keep us posted.

Jess
Anonymous said…
Not sure where those photos of the Chicago storm are, but I'm glad you're safe, Amy. Having time in Ireland can't be all bad, eh? May the remainder of your travels to Belgium be less stressful for you! This communication is amazing!

Pat M
Anonymous said…
Amy, You were on my mind all day Thursday...wondering how your trip was going and you certainly let us know quickly ... wow the wonder of instant communication. stay safe and enjoy.
Nancy in Atlanta
Julie said…
I hope you post some photos from your Dublin tour... if you have to get delayed I suppose there are worse outcomes, like sitting in the Newark airport all night!

I too will be anxiously awaiting news of your apartment search. The conference call was fun. Makes you seem like you are right next door or something.

Julie