Furniture Delivered!!!

I understand that the use of the exclamation mark is a sign of poor prose. However, there is no prose rich enough to express the feeling of having furniture delivered this morning. I have a bed, closet and chair in my bedroom and a kitchen table, desk and chair in the front room. The desk and table are shown on the right.
The photo at the left is the chair that I'm using for my computer station now. I had intended this for my bedroom as my prayer chair, but it wouldn't fit through the passage way. I may get help carrying it outside and bringing it in through the side door. I think it would make it through. That is a task for another day though. I also got internet connected, and I am blogging from this chair. I've also skyped some people from this spot. This is the living room side of the front room, taken with my back to the above photo. I still need to get a futon or sofabed for this space, for all my friends and guests.
The photo at the right is the bedroom, taken through the outside window. The bed is on the left and the closet and chair are on the right. You can see a little into the passage way into the front room. It is hard to get far enough away to get any perspective. I guess people will just have to come and visit. I'm working on getting a futon or sofa bed for the front room to accommodate this.

Finally to the left is the chair that was given to me by some neighbors. It is the first chair I had in the place. However, I think it is too bulky for this space in the bedroom. I'll see about switching it with the green chair in the front. But for now this is my prayer chair. I also have some good lighting in the bedroom to counteract the dark days of the belgian winter.
Having furniture is definitely making the place more homey. More needs to be done with some rugs since the tile floors will be really cold in winter. Also, something on the walls would be nice, don't you think? But I've got time to do that. For now, I'm quite satisfied with the place. I still have about a week before orientation starts, so I think I'll take some time to explore my surroundings a little.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Amy,
I'm happy you are getting settled in. What progress. Glad you are feeling more at home.
Rita
Anonymous said…
So glad to see you making your space your own and getting a little more comfortable.
Nancy in Atlanta
Anonymous said…
Well, your space really looks most welcoming. Don't fall asleep in that cozy 'prayer'chair but I guess that is what we really need to do...rest in God! So wonderful to hear your daily reports. Today is a great beautiful day in STL. Oh we are finally cooling down. Our Cardinals aren't doing so well. We had a great 'grand-parent' breakfast on Sunday. The little kids that were here just kept the level of fun really, really, alive.

Enjoy this little bit of free time.

Love, Marianne