Life in Leuven
All is relatively calm - we still have several weeks left in the semester. I have now two papers to write. One for a class on the History of Canon Law, due in March. I'll write something on one of the early canonical collections - probably something on religious life. I have to translate the original text from Latin, so it's a good thing I'm taking Latin this semester. This assignment is from the Capita Selecta weekend - see below.
Then I can start on my Thesis for this year. I'm thinking about writing something about the defense of the rights of members of religious orders. But I have to see if that will be feasible. I have to talk with the faculty about that.
I will come home for Christmas and the Chapter - hopefully with some study time in between because Exams will start before I return, but I'll take them when I get back. The exam schedule should be availble soon, then I can start negotiating that.
Here in town, there are two new bike racks. Yay! One is near my apartment and the other is near the supermarket (Match for those of you who have been here). That is great news, because both places can certainly use them.
I haven't been parking my bike in my apartment lately, because it's been more rainy and so I don't want to track it up. It's also colder, so if I park it on the side, I can come in the hallway door, and that keeps my place warmer.
I think that is all for now. Happy Advent!!
Amy
Then I can start on my Thesis for this year. I'm thinking about writing something about the defense of the rights of members of religious orders. But I have to see if that will be feasible. I have to talk with the faculty about that.
I will come home for Christmas and the Chapter - hopefully with some study time in between because Exams will start before I return, but I'll take them when I get back. The exam schedule should be availble soon, then I can start negotiating that.
Here in town, there are two new bike racks. Yay! One is near my apartment and the other is near the supermarket (Match for those of you who have been here). That is great news, because both places can certainly use them.
I haven't been parking my bike in my apartment lately, because it's been more rainy and so I don't want to track it up. It's also colder, so if I park it on the side, I can come in the hallway door, and that keeps my place warmer.
I think that is all for now. Happy Advent!!
Amy
Comments
Mary Ann H.
Glad to know you will be back in the USA soon. See you at Chapter!
Nancy in Atlanta
Happy Advent.
Audrey O.
I am finally taking time to catch up on what you are doing!!! I love reading about yur adventures. You are a great writer and your photographs are neat. Thanks for sharing your adventures. Hope you don't get locked out at night!!!! Do you even go out at night? So glad your parents made it over to see you!!!
I am in Knoxville,TN with Linda Markway for her neices wedding! I am enjoying a quiet evening while she is attending the rehersal dinner.
I started working at Nazareth after I returned from my wonderful time in New Mexico. I love being with the "ladies"!!! They are just great!!! Stay well and see you soon!!! Love, Ml
Marianne
FYI There is an NCR article, "SOA Protest Combines Elements of Flea Market and Activism," that talks about your sisters, mom, and brother. Snowing there?
Later.
Sarah
Just went through all your comments and feel like I've been there with you. What wonderful experiences you're having. It won't be long now until your return. T'will be great to see you again! Happy Advent!