You Know You're In Paris When....

Last weekend there was an international student trip to Paris. I though I would share some of the oddities there:

You know you're in Paris when the Eifel Tower is almost always on the horizon,<<




...when you find a carousel in front of a church - in this case, Sacre Coeur,>>




...when street musicians play the harp,<<




...and sing opera,>>




...when they erect a permanent ferris wheel where the guillotine used to be,<<




...when the subway entrances look like this,>>




...when the hospital is called Hotel Dieu - Hotel of God - also, Liberte Egalite Fraternite,<<




...when bail bond notices are in French,>>




...when the Christmas ornaments are made of feathers,<<




...when you can't get just one monument in a picture, this is the little brother of the Arc de Triomphe, and the Louvre,>>




...when your shopping mall looks like this.... though apparently only in the Christmas season,<<



...when your subway entrances look like this,>>




...when you have a phantom living in your opera house, (Phantom of the Opera was written about this opera house),<<




...and when this is a major traffic intersection, not a parking lot.>>



There's lots more - I really enjoyed the trip. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hope your Thanksgiving Day was a happy one, Amy, far from your place of traditions! I still haven't figured out how to view your photos from my Apple computer.... If I get a small box (as on Sarah's blog), I can open photos, but on your blog I get nothing to indicate a photo is even present! I'll wait till Monday and take time at Carondelet on the PC. It is good to know that you will be "home" in just a few more weeks... Four weeks isn't so long...

Pat M
Anonymous said…
It's really a tough gig! On the other hand, I'm glad you have some cool distractions far from home.

Love you

oldad
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a tough city to explore. :) I'm in St. Louis. Just arrived back at the MH from a bonfire at my brother's new house in Pacific. Too much, too much. While I love visiting and seeing family and friends, it will be nice to get back to St. Paul at least for a couple of weeks. Look forward to seeing you at Christmas. Later.
Sarah
Anonymous said…
Dear Amy, I couldn’t figure how to get to the “comments” place; so I thought I’d just send an email. Your pictures and accounts are most interesting. I picked up on your enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing. You have quite a talent for writing. Liz Ahrens However, now I don’t know how to send this because I can’t find a “send” click. I discovered I could copy and paste it and click on "comment"