Back to School
What a wonderful 4 weeks of celebration, chapter, gatherings with family, friends and community. Oh, and I should also mention some study and a little legal work. It made for a wonderful visit back home.The Chapter was a really great experience - so many wonderful people and great discussions, and open and honest sharing. I did a little breakfast presentation on my experience in Belgium for any sisters who wanted to hear about it. That was fun - I shared with a lot of folks on an informal basis, and also met with the sisters at St. Joseph's Academy. It has been great to share by Belgian experience and to feel the support of so many wonderful sisters.
I'm back in Leuven - it was a good trip - a tail wind made up for the delayed takeoff in Chicago. I got off the plane to balmy 50 degree weather. As I arrived at the airport, I remembered my last time through customs, etc when I first came. Everything is so much more familiar now, and it did fell a little like coming home.
I slept on the flight and managed to get in a few naps on Monday. That put me in pretty good shape for my Latin exam - but it turns out that I wrote down Tuesday and they wrote down Wednesday - so I'll be doing that tomorrow. I have started studying for my other classes though, since I need to start on them.
I've met up with a few friends - the folks at the coffee shop are my regulars - so we've connected. Then I'll see others later on.
We're having a block party - or is it a street party. This Saturday there is a barbecue, etc behind my place. Raf told me about it - but there had been an invitation in my mailbox - in Dutch. Then there is a Greek student (from the coffee shop) who will be leaving after exams and she said she is having a party of Feb 2, before she heads back. So looks like people are doing what they can to enjoy themselves, even in the dark.
It is actually noticeably lighter, we are up to eight and a half hours of daylight - and things are getting better by about 3 minutes of extra light each day - Yay!!!
Good to hear from you all.
Peace,
Amy
Comments