First Contact with Medical Services
I walked in Monday to the student medical service - it's right across from the Theology school. They made me an appointment with the doctor for the following morning.
At the appointed hour, I went in.
I gave my insurance card - with a little chip containing all my top secret information - to the receptionist who put it in a card reader and scanned it into her computer.
She asked a few more questions and sent me to the waiting room.
Before I was settled there, a gentleman can in and called my name - oh, my other name - you know Judith - the name that is on all my papers.
I went in described the problem. He asked a few questions and examined the knee... pushed, pulled, bent, twisted. Then said it probably wasn't serious but sent me for physical therapy and said I should rest it and not ride a bike. I grimaced more than I had during the entire pushing, pulling, bending, twisting event. So he said be careful and try not to bend it too much. He thinks the muscle is inflamed.
He hand wrote and stamped the bill and handed it to me. I could pay him by cash or pay the receptionist by bankcard; I chose the latter.
The appointment was for 8:30, I arrived shortly before, and I was home by 8:50. All in all it was a quite an efficient operation - we'll see how the therapy goes.
Peace,
Amy
Comments
Mary Ann H
--Pat M
I mean Judith? or maybe Sr. Hereford.... The little heath care system seems so simple but effective WOW! anyway I hope the knee is already on the mend.
blessings,
Nancy in Atlanta
I'm glad you took care of the knee problem. I hope the therapy does the trick. I'm going to my cardiologist next week to see what he thinks about the stress test. I still don't have my usual energy back, but maybe that is the way it is to be when you hit 82.
As usual I'm complaining about the St. Louis weather. My niece and her husband were here last week end...came in on the tail of an ice storm and had to drive from the airport. It was quite tense coming from Phoenix. Had a great visit. Take care and ENJOY Love and prayers, Paula