Spring

Here is a photo of Sint Pieter - the main church here in Leuven. I did have to roll in the street to get it, but it shows the flowers and what a lovely day it has been. So after church, I decided to head out for a day trip to Gent. I finished the first draft of my thesis on Saturday, so I was ready for a little break.

Gent has a charming city center. These folks dancing on the facade of a building on the square. There are lots of churches in close proximity; I just kept going from one BEAUTIFUL place to another.

I walked for about a mile and a half to the city center. And wandered around from place to place - there were LOTS of people out because the weather was so beautiful. We also had lots of international visitors.

I caught the tram back to the station after my travels, and caught the train home. It's just be a really beautiful day. They had a 'choir retreat' at my parish, which I had to miss. But you can listen to a little clip on youtube.

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Amy,
Your pictures and stories are always so beautiful. I really enjoy keeping in tough with you this way.
Full house this week-end. You probably know your Mother is sleeping in your room. We've also filled Sarah's.
All for now. Looking forward to Sarah's return next week. She will go to see Becky for a bit before heading to NY for her retreat. Bye....Paula
Anonymous said…
Hello, Amy. "My" room got used, also. I had already moved some of my things into the space given to me, but I moved them out again for this weekend. Pretty soon my body will also be residing there temporarily.

How is your nephew doing? Your mom wrote to say Graham's cancer had returned and he was back in treatment. That must be terribly hard on him, being so young. ...And his parents.... I just can't imagine!

Glad to know your paper is that far along! You certainly don't seem concerned about it! ...Or are you keeping your feelings to yourself?

Oh, by the way, I couldn't find that book in your room... The history of the Church in Africa one... I'll try again one more time...

Peace. --Pat M
Anonymous said…
Amy,
Loved your photo of the colorful tulips amidst the grey of the sky and the greystone building. Color here in St. Louis is a feast for the eyes too!
I'm glad I "journeyed" with your mom during her candidacy year. I see you both speak from the heart...that drew you to the CSJ's. The initial commitment ceremony was beautiful. I missed you.
I'll continue to pray for Graham by sending healing thoughts and energy to him and trusting in God's providence for him and his parents.

love,
Margaret