Sunset 8:39

Our days are already MUCH longer - sunset yesterday was 8:39 and it was still a little light at 9:30. The longer days make it a bit harder to get to bed at a decent hour, because it's still so light. It is however still quite cold. We're getting down near freezing every night, but the days may get up as high as 50. Notwithstanding the temperatures, spring is in the air, so some people are wearing shorts. Brrrr.....

I got my plane ticket last evening (when it was still light at 8:30). My itinerary is as follows:

Tue, Jul 1, 2008 Depart 10:10am Arrive 5:10 pm
British Airways 391 / 295
United Airlines 8039
Operated by: UNITED EXPRESS/TRANS STATES
Brussels, Belgium to St Louis, MO
Wed, Sep 10, 2008 Depart 2:37pm arrive 11:00am (Sept 11)
United Airlines 8017
Operated by: UNITED EXPRESS/TRANS STATES
British Airways 296 / 392
St Louis, MO to Brussels, Belgium

This week and next, I have extra classes, so I'm pretty busy. I've gotten most of my thesis written in first draft, and just need to write the conclusion. Once that is done, I'll send it off to people who have agreed to read and comment. If any blog readers are willing to do that for me, let me know. Hopefully I'll get the conclusion done this weekend, and then it's off on the review circuit and I can concentrate on classes for a bit. I think I might have mentioned that it seems I'm quite a bit busier. Which is in fact true, with more classes and the thesis. But I still have my head above water. I keep meeting interesting people at school and/or at church. Folks from everywhere who have settled here in Leuven for some degree or other. That is always a treat. I just met a sister from Ireland who is here on sabbatical. She just retired as head teacher and now wants to do something meaningful.

News on the home front is mixed, of course I rejoice with Sarah, and I'm reading the news from Rita's journey and the Uganda project. My newest nieces and nephews are cute as they can be, and I get a steady supply of pictures. I'll look forward to seeing them when I get back so I can say - My how you've grown... and all those 'auntie' lines. But my nephew Graham is in the hospital again, so please him in your prayers. He is in his early 20s and has been battling cancer. He and my brother and family would appreciate the prayers.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey, Amy. I was wondering if you'd be coming home for the summer. Glad you can do it. Things are starting to move along a bit with regard to sprucing up the congregational website. We should have a conversation about that sometime. I may get to SL sometime this summer, so I hope I'll get to see you. Blessings on your studies in the meantime.
Baya
Anonymous said…
It was so very much fun to talk with you, Amy! I'm glad your thesis is coming along so well... That way you will be more comfortable coming back to St. Louis for those two months. Loved the bit about the head teacher now wanting to do something meaningful with her life!!!!

May these next weeks be grace-filled, Amy. Of course, I will be holding your nephew in my prayer, as well as you.

Pat M