Wow

I've just gotten some information about our next few years here, and it seems next year (2008-2009) will be a lot like this - classes, etc.

But the third year (2009-2010) will have only a few classes, and will focus on the thesis (that one will be 100-150 pages) and some internships. And it seems there may be a possibility of doing that year mainly in the states. WOW that would be really nice, except I'll have to see how that will work with my theology program.

This summer I'll have some legal work , and if I'm back the following year, I can probably continue that on a limited basis while I'm finishing up with Canon Law. That will allow me to ease back into the work scene, and not have to start a practice from the start again.

I still need more information about the internships - what I've heard is that they want you to work with some diocesan tribunal, and then with an administrative part of some diocese. Apparently they are willing to talk about where. But I can imagine having some difficulties working within the hierarchical structure of the church. So that may be problematic. These internships are probably good for most canonists, but it's not the type of work I'm planning on doing.

One thing I was wondering was if there would be any possibility of doing that administrative part with the congregation for religious in Rome. I think that would be super useful for work in the future with religious institutes to know a little of the inner workings. I don't know if it's possible, but I'll see. The other possibility that I may check into is working with some vicar for religious somewhere. I'll have to see if that's a possibility.

Like I said, I just got some initial limited information, hopefully I'll know more soon. But being back in the states more during that third year sounds really good at this point.

----



Now on a cultural note, the giant bird cage is part of an arts program, there were artists, musicians, performing artists, etc. all around Leuven on the weekend. This was a part of it. Then this is a picture of some polish girls, some of them in the choir. They are in the oldest church in town for pentecost. The next picture is our reception after Pentecost.

Every Thursday we have a Carillon concert. This Thursday, they had folk dancing to the Carillons. They just announced it and people showed up. Unfortunately, you can't hear the music too well, but the first video below is to the Carillons, the second is to regular music.

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear Amy,
Again I enjoyed reading your blog. I'm so glad you are making the most of your time there. When you say 20l0 it seems far off, but it isn't! I hope everything works out for the best in every way.
We three were able to get to the Visitation for Graham. He was certainly well known. It was good seeing your family. Their faith was obvious.
Sarah gets home tomorrow from retreat in Albany.
Take care, enjoy. Love, Paula
Anonymous said…
Amy, I am assuming that you were the "picture-taker." Otherwise, I would look for you among the dancers! You seem to have the possibility of many options ahead of you.... Only some aren't practical for you. Did I get that right?

Spring must have arrived there... It has here, also, sort of.... We've been promised five days in a row without rain... Then they changed it today. Well, some people need more rain... Aren't we lucky?

Also, today was my real move into Carondelet day. I am sore from all the cleaning, though. I don't know what I would have done without Pat Gloriod... She did more than I did.

Peace... You'll be home soon... YES?

Pat M
Anonymous said…
Always enjoy your blog. I couldn't find you in the videos!
Looking forward to your return this summer!
I am doing fine and back to work. I am working this weekend so I hope the "girls" take it easy!!!!
Love, ml