I'm Back!

Greetings - I'm back in the same time zone with most of you. (Apologies to my Leuven friends who may be reading this.)

A little update:
1. I got my results and I graduated!!! with a Masters in Law Religion and Society - which qualifies me to go back for another two years.
2. I can be reached at my skype number: 314-266-1814, and at my room number: 314-678-0389. I got a cell phone for work - I'll forward Skype to that when I'm out of Skype range.
3. I'll be staying at Carondelet most of the time.
4. Retreat will be July 16-22 (more or less), here in St. Louis.
5. I'll be working all of August - CSJ community meetings for a few days, then I'll be working for a client with locations centered in the midwest (Wichita to Wheeling, Detroit to New Orleans). I'll be going to some of their locations, and working some here in St. Louis.
6. I return to Belgium September 10.

I had a good trip back to the US. Thankfully, I had a lot less problems with Jet Lag than I had at Christmas. A friend told me that in addition to adjusting to the sleep schedule right away when you start your journey, you should also try to adjust to the eating schedule - no matter what they give you on the plane. If it's 3am where you're headed - don't eat it. All in all, it seems to have worked.

Things I've noticed since I've been back: everything is bigger here and everybody speaks English. There really aren't shops and markets here, there are stores and malls. Also, I've become a cheese snob. I went to the store for a few things and could hardly find anything that I would even recognize as cheese. I'm used to selecting from one of about five local cheese merchants in the Friday market. Each has about 50 varieties of cheese to choose from, mostly locally made, and often named by the town or locality they come from. Tilsit, Sint Jan, Tomaat - well, I don't think the last one is a town.

My first twenty four hours included - hugging Henry - and all his family!!!, an American Milk Shake, chatting with a friend in Beijing (another Leuvenite), getting hugged by LOTS of sisters, letting a few Flemish phrases slip in the stores. Excuseer - Alstublieft.

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amy, is that wichita KS you will be in?
Anonymous said…
Amy, congrats with your master in LRS! I graduated too, we missed you at the proclamation!
Werner
Anonymous said…
We're glad you're back!
Google cheese shops, St. Louis, Mo, to find cheese shops in the area. Perhaps one of them will have real cheese.
Love,
Mary Ann H
Anonymous said…
when are you coming back? rowan misses you!
elisabeth
Anonymous said…
This is maggie. I am really glad your back!!






,Luv Maggie
Anonymous said…
Amy, It was great to see you in Cleveland as you do your "summer job"! I'm delighted that the CSJ Congregation has engaged your services. Congratulations on your successful studies! Sorry about the need for a "sling"... 'Hope it's getting better!
I enjoyed reading your past blogs and will be sure to follow them more closely!
Grace CSJ