Back to Leuven
I'm traveling back to Leuven today. It will be about 20 hrs - door to door. Train to the airport in St. Louis, fly to Chicago, fly to London, fly to Brussels, train to Leuven - walk to my place around 4 pm Thursday, Sept 11. I'll probably do a few things before hitting the hay for a good nights rest, then hopefully I'll be on my feet and ready for action: friday market, friday lunch with friends, friday evening choir practice....
It has been good to be back, I did some visiting around and lots of errand type stuff in July, worked all of August, then visited and did some little stuff around in the first week of September.
It has been good, but I'm looking forward to getting back into things in Leuven. I hope to finish my Theology Masters this year - I'm not sure about thesis topic, but something about religious life - hopefully something that will lay groundwork for a Canon Law thesis next year. Suggestions welcome.
One thought I had was to do something on the founding inspiration of several groups, and how that is / was dissonant with the canonical requirements of religious life. Then on the canon law side, see how this all played out in the constitutions, and whether or not the group was every co-opted by the legal system (most religious communities), or remained outside it (some lay movements like Beguines or Catholic Worker).
Another idea would be to write on the personal effects / consequenses of canonical penalties, on the person, and on the local church.
Anyway, I'll have 10 days in Leuven before classes start, and I'll have to register for classes, renew my residence card, renew my insurance, renew my internet service, renew my membership at the international coffee house (pangaea). And of course meet friends, new and old.
I have heard from one of the canon law students from last year - we'll see if there are new folks coming into the program, and if there are any of the doctoral students still around.
Lots of love and prayers to everyone. Do come to visit!!! I'm writing this from the US - I may add a PS after I arrive - so you'll know.
Peace,
Amy
PS: I arrived - long trip, but no problems. Firsts on arriving in Leuven: first smell - belgian waffle stand at the train station, first sight - the Leuven carnival.
It has been good to be back, I did some visiting around and lots of errand type stuff in July, worked all of August, then visited and did some little stuff around in the first week of September.
It has been good, but I'm looking forward to getting back into things in Leuven. I hope to finish my Theology Masters this year - I'm not sure about thesis topic, but something about religious life - hopefully something that will lay groundwork for a Canon Law thesis next year. Suggestions welcome.
One thought I had was to do something on the founding inspiration of several groups, and how that is / was dissonant with the canonical requirements of religious life. Then on the canon law side, see how this all played out in the constitutions, and whether or not the group was every co-opted by the legal system (most religious communities), or remained outside it (some lay movements like Beguines or Catholic Worker).
Another idea would be to write on the personal effects / consequenses of canonical penalties, on the person, and on the local church.
Anyway, I'll have 10 days in Leuven before classes start, and I'll have to register for classes, renew my residence card, renew my insurance, renew my internet service, renew my membership at the international coffee house (pangaea). And of course meet friends, new and old.
I have heard from one of the canon law students from last year - we'll see if there are new folks coming into the program, and if there are any of the doctoral students still around.
Lots of love and prayers to everyone. Do come to visit!!! I'm writing this from the US - I may add a PS after I arrive - so you'll know.
Peace,
Amy
PS: I arrived - long trip, but no problems. Firsts on arriving in Leuven: first smell - belgian waffle stand at the train station, first sight - the Leuven carnival.
Comments
Sarah
I want a waffle???? do they have FedEX?
Nancy In Atlanta