Mea Culpa

It's been a long time since I've posted, SORRY!!! But it's been busy. Last year it seems like it took a month or so for the semester to get underway. But it has really started quick this time. Partly because I know the system better - partly because Theology organizes more quickly than Canon Law.

I've promised to post my schedule, so here it is:
Monday:
2-4pm Religion and Peace Building Seminar - AWESOME!
7-9pm French 2
Tuesday:
9-11am Research Methods in Religious Studies
--been there done that - but it fits in my schedule
11am-1pm Theology of Salvation - AWESOME! - more later
2-4pm Modern Church History Seminar - helps with thesis
5-6pm Canonical Latin - waste of time - dont' tell the prof.
--Whew - long day!
Wednesday:
11am-1pm Contemporary Church History -
--when since is my life categorized as history???
2-4pm Academic French (for reading)
Thursday:
11am-1pm Temporal Goods (canon law) sometimes - ok
7-9pm French 2
Friday:
11am-1pm Canon Law of Religious Communities - sometimes -
--finally something I'm interested in - prof is good - an abbot.
2-4pm Canon Law of Religious Communities (cont)

I finally committed to a thesis topic: it is something about the writings of Francis Thompson. I had tried to figure out how to write something about religious life, but just couldn't focus a topic. So the I went back to the drawing board and figured I could write something more spirituality oriented, but then had to find a topic. I've always liked Thompson, and know quite a few of his works, so it's a good place for me to start. I'm sure I'll enjoy getting reacquainted with his works, and reading more of it.

I've pretty much put my webcasts aside due to busyness. I may do one later, but I'm a little busy now. I was doing 1.25 programs last year (canon law and 1/4 theology). This year I'm doing 1.5 programs (1/2 theology). and there's a 1/4 overlap because of each program taking electives from the other. Also, I've applied to get the canonical degrees in theology: STB, STL. It looks like if the stars align correctly, I'll be able to get the STL by the time I finish canon law. It means I'm academically qualified to be a bishop - of course the canon law degree will do that as well ... over qualified to be a bishop. :-) (canon 378 check it out!)

Okay, I promise to be more regular - I'll probably try to report on my Liberation Theology class regularly - so far it is quite good, but of course a tough message for a first worlder.

A bientôt

--Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amy,
I was beginning to wonder if you fell off your bike and got swept into a drain????? Been a long time since you posted...I was worried.
You sound really busy hopefully it all makes sense...good learning.
I formed a reflection sharing group for my sectional via Email once a month around the Elizabeth Johnson book offered at the
Assembly, should be good for us.
Glad you are OK...please keep posting.....
Nancy in Atlanta
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update. Most of you classes sound interesting. I wish I could be there. Keep good notes and fill me in when we are there in February. Peace & Love Mother
backstory said…
A Bientot?

Sounds subversive!

You keep rattling on about your bishopial qualifications, but have you tried on one of those hats? And you know you'd never catch a ewe with so many curliques in your crook.

Note: Rethink career options

Love you
oldad