Hope was elected tonight!
Sunday we had a wonderful first communion celebration for two children who were preparing in Tanzania before they came here to Leuven with their parents, so wanted to make first communion the same day as their class did back home. Wonderful celebration - then John Yimeng invited me over for chinese lunch - yummy!
Just today I got most of my travel immunizations for my trip to Gulu, Uganda over Christmas. I have to go to the University Hospital for the Yellow Fever - I'll try to do that next week. Then I will have to go to the Ugandan embassy for a visa. That's in Brussels - maybe I'll do that when Barb is here, it should be an adventure.
Thank God I'm doing the theology - it takes the lion's share of my time. If it was just Canon Law, I would be going stir crazy. I also have a few legal clients, just to remind me what I'm doing over here in the first place.
I'm spending lots of time on my thesis, which is on the writings of Francis Thompson - which I have always enjoyed. It gives me the chance to read everything he ever wrote - and read related articles as well. Very enjoyable, and spiritually enriching as well.
Tomorrow I will go to Oostende - a city on the belgian coast - for a 4 day canon law seminar. Hopefully it will be bearable - that's about all I can hope from Canon Law.
I have been telling my friends here that if I was 20 years younger, I would give up on law, and switch to theology - now I can almost hear you laughing - that I'm not THAT old. But it's all relative I guess. Anyway, I'm enjoying my theology 'hobby'.
So what are folk's plans for Thanksgiving? Barb Jennings will be here for Thanksgiving - so I'm sure we'll do the best we can - although I'm not sure I'm equipped for turkey. I don't even know if I have class that day. It's not a holiday here of course.
Well, I have to run out to the bank - I spent all my cash for my immunizations - so I'll need to have a little on hand for my trip tomorrow.
Regarding the election - it is amazing to see and hear the African and Asian students response - the Europeans are also happy with Obama. But it is hard to really grasp the symbolic significance - completely out of any policy consideration - of having a person of color elected to lead the most powerful nation in the world. It is 'a small step for man, a giant leap for mankind', perhaps an even more giant leap that going to the moon. Hopefully it will be a promise fulfilled, as one person said: "hope was elected tonight!"
Peace,
Amy
Just today I got most of my travel immunizations for my trip to Gulu, Uganda over Christmas. I have to go to the University Hospital for the Yellow Fever - I'll try to do that next week. Then I will have to go to the Ugandan embassy for a visa. That's in Brussels - maybe I'll do that when Barb is here, it should be an adventure.
Thank God I'm doing the theology - it takes the lion's share of my time. If it was just Canon Law, I would be going stir crazy. I also have a few legal clients, just to remind me what I'm doing over here in the first place.
I'm spending lots of time on my thesis, which is on the writings of Francis Thompson - which I have always enjoyed. It gives me the chance to read everything he ever wrote - and read related articles as well. Very enjoyable, and spiritually enriching as well.
Tomorrow I will go to Oostende - a city on the belgian coast - for a 4 day canon law seminar. Hopefully it will be bearable - that's about all I can hope from Canon Law.
I have been telling my friends here that if I was 20 years younger, I would give up on law, and switch to theology - now I can almost hear you laughing - that I'm not THAT old. But it's all relative I guess. Anyway, I'm enjoying my theology 'hobby'.
So what are folk's plans for Thanksgiving? Barb Jennings will be here for Thanksgiving - so I'm sure we'll do the best we can - although I'm not sure I'm equipped for turkey. I don't even know if I have class that day. It's not a holiday here of course.
Well, I have to run out to the bank - I spent all my cash for my immunizations - so I'll need to have a little on hand for my trip tomorrow.
Regarding the election - it is amazing to see and hear the African and Asian students response - the Europeans are also happy with Obama. But it is hard to really grasp the symbolic significance - completely out of any policy consideration - of having a person of color elected to lead the most powerful nation in the world. It is 'a small step for man, a giant leap for mankind', perhaps an even more giant leap that going to the moon. Hopefully it will be a promise fulfilled, as one person said: "hope was elected tonight!"
Peace,
Amy
Comments