In Gulu!!!
Tom and I arrived in Gulu last evening. We left Leuven by train about 2:45pm for the airport; Left Brussels 6:40, having caught an earlier flight that was delayed to the time of our original flight which had been cancelled. That brought us to London. We left London 9:00pm and arrived Entebbe 8:40 the following morning. I slept a little, Tom slept more.
The sisters met us there at the airport. We did some errands with them in Kampala - and had lunch there. Then about 1:30pm we started the trip north by car to Gulu. It took about 5 1/2 hours. The countryside is really lovely. We crossed the Nile which at this point was running east west. There were lovely falls, then we met some Gorillas on the other side of the Nile.
The sisters are just lovely, the people here are VERY friendly and have warmly welcomed us. I'm staying with the sisters and Tom is staying at the cathedral rectory. We had our first Gulu meal (not counting breakfast). It was very good.
We have pictures, but we're at an internet cafe, so we're maximizing online time and will arrange for pictures later on. I've gotten a lot already. Hard to believe we're really here. It is warm, but comfortable so far.
I'll try to post again when I can - Christmas Blessings! Peace, Amy
The sisters met us there at the airport. We did some errands with them in Kampala - and had lunch there. Then about 1:30pm we started the trip north by car to Gulu. It took about 5 1/2 hours. The countryside is really lovely. We crossed the Nile which at this point was running east west. There were lovely falls, then we met some Gorillas on the other side of the Nile.
The sisters are just lovely, the people here are VERY friendly and have warmly welcomed us. I'm staying with the sisters and Tom is staying at the cathedral rectory. We had our first Gulu meal (not counting breakfast). It was very good.
We have pictures, but we're at an internet cafe, so we're maximizing online time and will arrange for pictures later on. I've gotten a lot already. Hard to believe we're really here. It is warm, but comfortable so far.
I'll try to post again when I can - Christmas Blessings! Peace, Amy
Comments
Take care,
Colby
Merry Christmas,
Sarah
Si glad Tom and yourself arrived safely.... enjoy your time.
Merry Christmas!
Nancy in Atlanta