One Down

This is the place I just rode to on my bike - Abdij van 't Park. Or Park Abbey for short. There is a great bike path from my place out there and back - about 30 minutes round trip. I've been wanting to start biking a little more - beyond just functionally getting from place to place, so today - just before dusk - I took off for a nice ride.

I had my salvation exam - sounds like the last judgment, doesn't it. But anyway it went well I thought. So I've been studying for the next two: temporal goods and vatican II - they will be more technical / factoidal. But not too bad. Those will be Jan 23.

In between I've been chipping away at my thesis and thoroughly enjoying that. I will have lots to do in April / May with canon law, so I'm hoping to get the thesis more or less out of the way before that. So I have a sort of routine to work on the thesis in the morning, then study for exams in the afternoon. I have managed to completely forget some evening things since I'm out of the regular routine. Oops.

There is a lot less interaction / socialization during exam time - so I really need to make an effort to get human contact. I go out at least once a day, usually to the library for a while, then to the coffee shop. I usually see people I know at one or the other place - that helps.

I've also been putting some effort into making contacts for my internships for next year. Some leads, but nothing definite yet. I was hoping for the Vatican's office for religious - but they said no. I'm also thinking of putting together a proposal for an exemption one of them - that would be great if I could get that - but we'll see. Anyway, this takes some initiative and contacting new people, etc.

I also have Mom and Dad scheduled to come next week. I'll be finished with exams, and have a few days off before they arrive. We don't have many definite plans, but Dad is going to visit a friend in England while Mom and I go to Switzerland for a few days. Mom is part Swiss, and has never been there - so that should be a treat for both of us. We'll fly to Geneva, then we have a sort of plan at some point to grab a train out to another town - through the alps, -- how cool is that!!!

So prayers for exams / papers are appreciated, but I'm pretty relaxed about it at this point.

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good work ....Keep it up and get out and see folks a little.... all work and no play makes one dull.

Happy MLK day.....
Nancy in Atlanta
Anonymous said…
Happy late Birthday!!! Do enjoy hearing about your adventures. Have a wonderful time with you dear parents. There is much to see in Geneva and in that area. Besure to go up Mount Blanc if you have the time!!! I was in that area in 1978!!! Beautiful country!!!Enjoy!!!
Love, ml