Mom and Dad's Visit
Mom and Dad arrived Wednesday morning and we've been doing some visiting around. The picture here is the market square in Tienen, the next town up the tracks. It has been VERY cold, but we've had some nice sunshine which is a welcome change.Tomorrow, Mom and I head out to Geneva for a few days, we have Swiss roots. And Dad will go to England to visit an aviator friend. On Saturday, we went to Brussels. Dad met Hervé, an engineering friend there, he seems to have had a delightful time. We all had lunch together, then his daughter Beatrice took us on a walking tour of Brussels - very interesting and enjoyable - thought cold. She was a UN translator, and is now the English language reporter for finance in a local news journal. She was delightful and an interesting tour guide.
We did church on Sunday, including a baptism, and the departure of a long-time parish member. After church we went for lunch with a Chinese student who loves to cook. Yummy!!!
It is a nice break from classes. This whole next week is free - I actually also had most of last week free since I had already finished my exams. However, I still did some french, some writing and some work on next year's internships.
All the best - stay warm!!!
Peace,
Amy
Comments