Happy Feast of St. Joseph

Well, I haven't figured out yet how to celebrate, but I have a CSJ friend in Brussels, and we'll get together on the weekend. I could go down to the south of Leuven where Bishop Burke is giving a talk - yes, that's our friend from St. Louis. He's talking about Mary and the "civilization of love." Maybe it's better I don't go. Maybe I'll call some CSJ types back home. Or even in Gulu. We'll see.

Things are humming along - my semicolon-laden treatise is nearly complete. I'm trying to get the volume of Canon Law papers under control. We have about 100 pages to write before the end of the year. Then I'm also trying to start research on next year's thesis. I've also contacted the Judicial Vicar in St. Louis to see about using their library. There's no problem with that.

Some people have asked about the experience of the 'economic meltdown' here. I really haven't noticed much. People talk about it, but I can't say I've noticed any concrete evidence of it. But those who mention it seem to think it's pretty serious. Also, news from the States that I get is that people are feeling pressure.

I think I've put up info about my plans for the summer, but just in case: I will finish exams / thesis defense by the end of the last full week of June. The next Monday I start retreat in Wales - it is the Jesuit place that is 20 miles from where Francis Thompson wrote the poems that I'm writing about for the Theology Thesis. I get back to Leuven on the 8 or 9 of July. By then results are out. And I will pack and tie up LOTS of loose ends, then I fly back to the states July 14. I'll land at Carondelet, then see about where to go next.

The CSJ Assembly is the last few days of July, heading into August. In 2009-2010, I will be still full time in the Canon Law program, but I expect that I will have ample time to get started in law practice again. Canon Law will consist mainly of Thesis writing, an internship, a few workshops in Belgium in the Spring of 2010. I'm not sure all the details, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Happy Feast of St. Joseph!
Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a little late, but I hope you had a happy St Joseph Day. We had a beautiful 4:30 pm Mass here on that day. Then the golden jubilee celebration was held on Saturday. It was a beautiful liturgy centered on light. My birthday is today, March 23, so I've been celebrating up a storm. On Thursday I celebrated 56 years as a CSJ and today I'm celebrating three-quarters of a century of life.
Stay well.
Love,
Mary Ann H.