Semicolons
Yes, semicolons - can you believe I've actually have a running debate on the topic. Get a life! you say - ah, but this is life....I'm coming to completion on my thesis; I'm very happy about that. The last chapter is written, but still needs polish, and the input of my faithful critics, and then to be submitted. Of course a conclusion is still needed, but that's at least up in my head. Not hard to write. I found two more books on Thompson - confirming a lot that I've already written. These were more recent biographies that have been hard to track down - but ebay finally delivered.
All the writing, has given rise to my current dilemma - I like the semicolon, it's kind of cool when you have the perfect opportunity to stick it in. Warms my heart.
Speaking of a warming trend, the weather here is starting to let up - it's almost solstice - so it's a LOT lighter which is SO welcome. It is still quite chilly, though predictions are for the upper 40s today. I'll be out for my bike ride. I get out most days, unless there is a LOT of rain, which is rare. I pretty much take the same route, about 1/2 hr round trip, usually on the way for my coffee. I have class at 2:00pm today, so I'll head out around 12:30 for a ride, then coffee, then class.
For the next several weeks, we have 'regular' classes here. Then at the start of April, it's spring break, then extra canon law seminars when I get back, then exams, then.... So I'm trying to get papers, thesis, etc settled now, while there's space to breathe.
I have had a few computer snags - lost all my footnotes (over 200 of them) and almost crashed. But thus far, I've managed to recover. I'm saving papers up to the internet, just in case, and backing up to an external disk a few times a week. Hopefully I'm covered.
Well, I better get some lunch and head out for that bike ride.
--Peace,
Amy
Comments
Finally got to your blog and it was good reading about how things were going!!!!! Was working on Rosario's computer knowing that if you were here, it would be fixed quickly!!! Do hope all is well!
ml
It is kind of hard to believe that you are getting ready to "wind down" so to speak; getting ready for spring break. . .where are you going? Blessings on your efforts to finish up all your papers, etc. What an experience, yes? Both years. And now what? I think someone told me that you might be doing your 3rd year in Rome.
Hope all the Herefords are doing well. I know I wrote when I saw Molly, Jesse and Julie at Nazareth Living Center as they had come to play for Mass.
I continue to really love my ministry at NLC. I thought in the beginning, that I might find it depressing; on the contrary, it has been life-giving and I am so grateful. I am still part-time and continue to do some spiritual direction and a few more opportunities have come up to do days of retreat/workshops and I like that, too.
You say how are the Quinns? It so saddens me that my brother Dick's vision continues to slip away; right now his spirits are very positive. Frank is Frank, trying to be attentive Pawpaw to Kelly, Cash and Collin who are now 15 months old and soooooooo cute.
Take good care, Amy. You may know that Sarah is heading this way as is Kate Regan. They will both stay here with me on 21 and head back to MS on Sunday afternoon.
Happy St. Paddy's Day to ya and Happy St. Joseph's Day, too.
Love and laughter to you.
Pat