Stop this madness!!!!

Not sure what it's all about, but this is a student town and we're entitled to our demonstrations. So there are apparently two groups, a right wing group and a left wing group and they are demonstrating tonight. "Manifestatie" as they call it here. And each group has their folks to keep order, and there are TONS of police to assist in this, and I suppose keep the two groups from meeting, or citizens from getting caught in the tangle. Since my French class is on the other side of the main site of the demonstration, I thought I would exempt myself tonight. So far it seems rather tame, but on advice of the locals, I brought my bike inside.
Apparently last time these two groups clashed, they were tossing bicycles at each other - nice. Well, I'm about to call it quits for the night, but I thought I should let you know. I'll post to this same entry tomorrow to give the impressions.
Peace, Amy

Comments