Strawberries in February

You've got to love a place that can manage to have strawberries in February - spring is in the air, flowers are popping up, it was still light at 6:30 yesterday when I got out of class. And people are heaving a sigh of relief that the "long cold winter" is finally coming to an end. -- I don't have the heart to tell them they 'ain't seen nothin'.

Most days in the early afternoon, I try to take a bike ride - I have a few favorite routes, but usually it is to Park Abbey south of Leuven - I know there's a photo later on on the blog. Then it's usually to the coffee shop, and on to class or library.

Last week, we had lots of extra lectures on teaching religion around the world, canon law and civil law considerations: China, Belgium, Poland, etc. We have a paper some related topic. Thankfully, I published an article a few years ago that should do nicely. I'll just have to adapt for international audience, but the research should still be good.

Thursday is the Feast of the Theology Faculty - big Mass - classes canceled - unfortunately, I only have canon law classes that day, they are still being held.

Happy Spring!!!!
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those strawberries look soooo good. Are they really locally grow? I mean like shipped in from southern France. Did you purchase some of the strawberries? Were they as good as they look? Mother
Anonymous said…
Those strawberries look luscious! The strawberries we get this time of year are shipped in. Our high temperature today was 33 degrees, but we're promised a warmup the next few days.
What are the points? We at Carondelet haven't been able to open blogs until just recently, so I suppose I've missed the points.
Take care!
Love,
mary Ann H
Anonymous said…
I forgot to point out that we had strawberries in Florida when I visited Tom. I remember being there for the strawberry festival and I think that was in February. Peace Mother