What are the chances?!?!?

Okay, here we are mid semester. It's the day before the feast of St. Joseph and I was talking to a guy about what my plans were (and were not) for the big day. Turns out R. Burke chose the 19th to show up and give a talk on "Mary and the Civilization of Love" - brings a tear to my eye.

Then another student piped up and said she thought all the festivities around the event were for her - as she was a Sister of St. Joseph - from New Zealand!!! NO WAY!!! What are the chances that two St. Joes show up in the same class in Belgium, each from another continent, and it takes us two months to connect. We're actually in two classes together, but we only had a short chat. We'll talk more I'm sure.

I met with Anne Rutter, an Anecy CSJ from England - we had lunch together Saturday and kicked around Brussels for a while. We almost had a plan together for her to show me a little of London and Wales - till she looked at her calendar and saw that she was booked for that time period. I will try to get to London a day or two before my retreat. I can stay with her and see a little, then head out for retreat. Then I'll be taking the train most of the way across England to North Wales, so that will be interesting as well.

Things are humming along - I'm starting to think about my trip to Rome for spring break - I'll be staying with the CSJs there, and visiting some friends and of course the sites. So stay tuned for news of that adventure. Once I get back, the pace of things will pick up for the last part of the semester and exams, etc. But for now, I can sure use the break - I'm finding it harder and harder to settle down and get anything done.

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Say "Hi" to Fausto (Lucky) for me when you are in Rome. He grew up hanging around the Vatican "as a civilian" so might have a different perspective than your homie Burke.
Peace,
Tom
Anonymous said…
Maybe Lucky, Burke and I can meet for coffee.... :-) Amy