End of an Era

Tuesday, one of our two full time Canon Law professors taught his last class after 34 years of teaching at KU Leuven. I wasn't in the class, but the few available canon law students crashed the class at the end. The picture is of that class which is pretty male / clerical as you can see. This is mainly the theology students who want to take a class in canon law. The guys in collars are American seminarians. (Don't ask....)
After class, the prof took us to the little cafe across from the theology building where most of our classes are held. I made the picture - my foot is at the right....
I had a few more theology classes Wednesday, and now we're off for Ascension and then studying for exams. I turned in my Thesis last Monday. I had really good luck printing it out - I thought I would be in the copy shop for hours, but I just happened in during a lull and was in and out in about 15 minutes. Awesome!!!
Because I have so many exams and papers, I had to make myself a chart to make sure I get everything done and show up for all the appropriate exams. 10 different papers for a total of about 100 pages worth of writing, in addition to my thesis and 8 exams. So far I'm nearly finished with the papers, and I've done two exams - language exams are earlier than the others. So just six exams to prepare for. Two will be pretty information intense, the others are more formalities; I'll study, but they should be fine. Here's the list:
- Medieval Mysticism LC - June 8 - Exam
- History of Spirituality 0 June 11 - Exam
- Law of Persons - June 15 - Exam Canons 204-339
- Eastern Canon Law - June 17 - Exam
- Latin Codex - June 18 - Exam
- Sacramental Law - June 23 - Exam Canons 834-1054
Prayers appreciated. Most exams are in the morning, so you'll have to say a prayer the night before, because by the time you get up, it will all be over. I don't have a date yet for thesis defense, but they are usually in the last week. I actually haven't heard much about that, but it shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure I can manage to worry about it though

Comments

The one sentence left it a little iffy as to if you usually had class in the cafe or the theology building. Good luck. Other than a teacher work day Tuesday, we are officially out. To St. Louis this weekend for my sister's wedding shower.
Anonymous said…
Best of Luck and success in these exams. Glad to hear from you via blog I was hoping you had not been swept away by the fun side trips.
Hey did you get to Cor Jesu to see the Lapis lazuli marble inside and Ignatius grave? keep in touch.
Nancy in Atlanta