Make Way for the Queens Guard

Did London - lots of cool stuff from the movies - Disney should take note. We managed to happen on Buckingham Palace when some marching bands were out, and then on the Horse Guard when they were changing the guard - lots of ceremony, stomping and flashing of sabers. All very British.
Anne Rutter, one of the British CSJs showed me around and kept saying that so much had changed from her student days - some 30 or 40 years ago. I'm with the sisters here in Morden - they are lovely. Wimbleton is on - you would think it was the world series or something the way they go on about it.
Oh, I think I committed a little cultural blunder when I was trying to point out where I saw a sign for the underground we were looking for: it's there, I said, by that pile of rocks. Oh, you mean the old wall, said she. Oops....
Anyway, great weather, lots of folks, lots of history. I'm also finding all the sites from my buddy Francis Thompson. Things aren't quite as I pictured. More of London today, then on to Wales tomorrow.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

backstory said…
Glad you're having fun. If you happen by Mordiford, say 'Cheers' to your cousins Jim and Judy.

love you

oldad
Anonymous said…
BTW: Mordiford is best known for the legend of its dragon, which, some said, would amble down from its lair in Haugh Wood to drink from the confluence of the rivers Wye and Lugg near the village.
How do I handle the dragon???
Amy
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.