TODO Lists
I've been back for about 2 weeks. And I think I'm finally getting the edge on my todo list. Whew! It seems for a while there that every time I did something on the list, two more things would appear. Tom suggested that this was a clear indication I should stay away from this list and it might not get longer....But alas, I did not follow that advice, but I think I'm getting my head above water. There are three basic tasks - 1) getting my life together: where shall I live? where shall I work? reconnecting with family, friends, community. Getting hooked up with internet, phone, transportation, insurance. 2) restarting my law practice, professional accreditation, licensing and insurance, re-upping my website, restarting webcasting, tending to a few clients, thinking about some upcoming professional conferences, contacting former clients. and 3) arranging stuff for my third year of canon law: thesis research, arranging practicum, etc. Whew!
Other than that, readjustment has been fairly smooth. I'm living / working from Carondelet at present, I'll have dinner at Magnolia tonight - I'm seriously looking at moving there in the next month or so. I may reoccupy my old office space at Carondelet. It's a five mile bike ride between the two - very doable in this weather. And I really wouldn't have to come in every day - but it would be a place for files, books, and the occasional client meeting.
My online survey for my thesis research is going AMAZINGLY WELL!!! I have about 50 responses from individuals and 25 from communities. I was really hoping for about a half dozen.... So I am certainly happy with what I've gotten. I estimate the entire population of individuals at 600, so having nearly 10% responding is great! That should really help in writing that section of the paper. The search for a praxis opportunity is proving more difficult, however, I've talked to a number of people who have been very helpful in giving advice and providing leads, but so far nothing workable.
Well, I'll keep settling in and probably figure on posting about twice a month rather than once a week... at least for the present.
Peace,
Amy
Comments