How Time Flies....


Yes, I know it's trite, but what can I say... it's true! Thankfully I'm getting my TODO list under control.
I've been back a month now, and have mainly gotten my law practice kick started. That consisted of updating my website. And writing a newsletter on a canonical topic. That will be followed up by a webcast on the same topic in November. I also had to 're-up' my license and insurance, and start moving into an office at the Motherhouse - the same office I had before. I also have 3 or 4 open cases that need occasional tending. I'll be headed to Phili for a meeting with one group next week.
Next, I had to settle my residence. I'm not moved yet, but I'll be going back to Magnolia where I had been living when I first returned to St. Louis. It is a community of 4 other sisters in a lovely house with lots of green space: Tower Grove Park and Shaw's Botanical Garden. I can bike or ride share to my new office. I'm not moved there yet, a flare up in my shoulder injury has put that somewhat on hold. But I'm bringing a few things at a time; I hope to be settled there in a month or so.
Then, I'm moving ahead on my thesis. It's on transfer to another religious institute. There's an online survey for that. The survey is going spectacularly well!!! I have responses from well over 10% of the target population. I'm not doing quite so well with congregational responses, but still there are good responses. I'll get down to business on the thesis this coming week. I'm not sure which section to tackle first, but probably History or Sociology. The other two sections are Theology and Jurisprudence. I still have lots of reading to do for this. I collected resources in Leuven that I still have to read. Then this past week I visited the libraries at the Seminary and Chancery Office to see what they have on hand. Not like Leuven, but they have some things that may help.
Finally, a few sisters and I have gotten an idea for a CSJ project across the federation that is kind of exciting. So I've been doing some work for that, and for another community project that I'm a part of.
Whew! So there is plenty to keep me busy. Thankfully, I should be able to settle down now and focus on the Thesis.

Comments

Brian said…
Dear Amy -

Thanks for sharing - you have a very nice blog. St. Louis is nice -
though a bit hot in the summer.

God bless you!