Reading and more reading....


I've managed get the law practice more or less 'open for business.' I've restarted my newsletters and I have webcasts scheduled for the year. View the newsletter, and/or subscribe to it. It's mainly for on legal topics for religious and nonprofits. Not exactly a general interest publication, but it has its audience. I've also gotten my license and insurance up to date and I've registered for some conferences that will be educational and also will put me in contact with lots of potential clients. So that's about all I can do on that score.
I'm staying at Magnolia, my new house, once or twice a week, bringing somethings over each time I come. So that is 'moving' along.
So now it's down to business on my thesis. I visited some local libraries that have some good resources. I'm also starting to read everything I gathered from Leuven before I left. And all the other resources that I have found online.
While I visited Rome, I connected with the UISG, the union of superior's general - the nun's world-wide trade union. They have a website where they posted all the talks and some of the responses to an international congress on religious life in 2004. Some of the talks there were FANTASTIC. They focus on two 'icons' as the discussion starters: the Samaritan woman at the well, and the good Samaritan. I just finished reading a paper by Dolores Aleixandre that is really great. I highly recommend it. I'm actually looking for material to answer three questions for my thesis:
  1. What is vocation?
  2. What is religious vocation?
  3. What is transfer within the context of religious vocation?
The questions are pretty simple, but coming up with an answer is a little more difficult. But the reading for it is interesting, and I think it will be useful to become more conversant in the ideas that are floating around on the topic.
The survey results are slowing down, but I have great results and did some statistical analysis on what I have so far. I will take the time to read the open ended questions as well. I looked briefly at them just to make sure the responses were what I was looking for. But I want to set aside some time when I can read them as a group to get a feel for them as a group, then analyze and categorize, etc. So I will need a solid block of a few days for that.
Next week I go to Pennsylvania for two days to see a client. That will be a nice break, and should be an interesting job. After that, I can turn to the survey results.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

Unknown said…
So you are saying that the UISG is hung up on Samaritans?
Anonymous said…
focused!!