Okay, so it's not about word count.....

Granted there's a lot to writing a good thesis, it's not just word count. But that's my current thermometer for seeing how far along I am in the project. I've completed one chapter and it's out with a proofreader - actually with two of them, because the first was incapacitated. That was the chapter that analyzed the survey information on transfers. Really interesting stuff. I enjoyed working with the material and writing up the results. Hopefully that will come across in the writing.
Currently I'm working on the section on history. I had a head start on that because I did some work on the topic last semester. But I'm filling it out and giving some more up-to-date information. The previous work focused on the middle ages.
I'm pretty well settled into Magnolia and I even have a sort of 'schedule'. I'm in my office at Carondelet Mondays and Thursday, and working from home the other days, like today. In fact, someone called today, expecting me to be at Carondelet - so I'm already predictable.... But I'm actually working from home because transportation will work better tomorrow - so much for predictibility. The critter at the left is a neighbor. We have a pair of great horned owls who have taken a liking to our house and can often be found in the trees near the house and can often be heard singing back and forth - it's really cool. I've only actually seen them once - sitting side by side on a branch. We have lots of folks who come around with binoculars looking at the trees around our house. It takes some getting used to.
Fall colors are just starting - I went up for my first plane ride this year on Sunday with my dad. Didn't see a whole lot but I did sort of try a few landings. The leaves should be better in a few weeks. I'll definitely have to get up in the air again.
I'm still getting around on my bike - either joy riding or getting around town. St. Louis is a little bigger than Leuven, but I can do some meaningful travel on a bike. For the rest, I ride with someone or borrow a car or take the bus. Actually bus/bike is also an option because most busses have bike racks. I'm not terrible graceful about getting my bike on and off, but I manage to get it done. And it really extends the places I can go.
Okay, back to a book I'm reading for my thesis - I still have several that are more background material. And continue to find an article here and there that I need to go through.
Peace,'
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amy,
It seems as if the Paper is coming along nicely....goood work.
You are a brave soul to be riding your bike....be careful.
PS. I heard a remark about you - She's the best Canon Lawyer in the country!!!!
Nancy in Atlanta