On the Road Again....


Blog posts have been a bit sparse for the last six months because I've been 'at home' and this was originally intended to be a way of connecting with folks at home when I was away. Well - I'm heading out again for a few months. I have several trips which should prove interesting and I'll want to keep all you folks on the home front apprised of my peregrinations.
The first journey should prove an interesting trip - I'm not sure what to expect from my Shreveport experience, except that I'm hoping it will be warmer than here. It's 13 degrees now in St. Louis and the snow is not even thinking about melting.... I know almost nothing about things diocesan, so it will be interesting to get involved for a few weeks and get a feel for how things work, at least in one, small, mission diocese. My communications with the sister I'll be working with have been good, and I fully expect to enjoy my time with her. She seems eager to show me the ropes at the diocesan offices and has generously offered to put me up during my time there and introduce me around the CSJ world there. I think it will be a good experience - and I'm looking forward to warming up a little.
The thesis is basically finished. I had several excellent reviews over the last several weeks. Various experts who commented on parts of the document and gave me really good suggestions. I've implemented all that, and am trying to gather steam to do one more good review.
I've also taken a moment to look back over my first six months back in the US during which I've been busy with thesis and some clients. I'm pronouncing it a good six months. I had heard stories about 'reverse culture shock', the notion that coming back home can be more difficult in some respects than going away. I'll have to say I've felt pretty good about the transition. I don't think I've annoyed too many people with my "well in Belgium they do it this way." It is surprising to see the things that had changed - folks here had gotten used to them, but it was new to me. For example, we used to have an economy, Bush was in the White House and I used to know the Cardinal players. Well, things change.
The next two months are booked pretty solid, and will involve lots of variety, some travel, some new faces, and the completion of the requirements for my JCL - I won't get the degree till July. Then when I get back, hopefully I'll have some time to organize an office and I'll have some work to do there.
All is well here - hope things are well with you as well.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

Holy Unia said…
The Most extensive list of links on the web relating to the
teaching of "No Salvation Outside the Church"

http://nosalvationoutsideofthecatholicchurch.blogspot.com/