Carnaval in Leuven
The sun came out for a few hours here in Leuven - and the folks threw a parade. I guess the parade was already planned, but it was great timing. I've pulled a few photos from the internet to give you a feel of the hats. Those are feathers coming out the top. There were also marching bands and kids in costume.
Everything is going well here. I'm enjoying seeing everyone and the canon law program is going well. We've actually had a pretty good variety of topics. One guy who is a barrister in England and a canon lawyer did an analysis of the arrangement with the Anglican 'rite'. I especially liked getting the background that he and the others from that area were able to provide. We even had a 'low church' Anglican priest with us, so he had some interesting perspectives as well.
I was at UPIC last weekend, but I won't be able to go back again. That's too bad, because it was so nice to see everyone. I joined the choir for that one Mass.
I'm enjoying my little student room - it is comfortable and really conveniently located. I've had dinner with a few friends on a couple of occasions. There's a little kitchen down the hall and each person has a designated shelf in the refrigerator (marked with your room number). That has made meals very convenient. I just did my last shopping today - trying to gage enough food for the rest of my stay. That's when I encountered the parade.
I'm going to take it easy the rest of today - probably go out for a walk (weather is great). I also have to put together a few things for the trip to the castle tomorrow. I should probably just make sure my slides for my presentation are still on my computer.
Well, remember the defense is March 4th. I've talked with my promoter and one other professor that will be there. The third person I've never met, but he'll be doing a series of lectures at the castle, so I'll meet him there. Castle Video More
Then when I get home, there's the Utriusque Iuris party (double law party). I have a friend who took her bar exam this week, so she and I will have a party together at my house on Magnolia.
Hope all is well with everyone,
Peace,
Amy
PS: I lost my glasses - the second time in a week. This time someone found them and emailed me. In the glasses case, I have my email address. Thanks be to God!!! And to Jeff V.
Comments