Defense Went Well


All was set for the big day - and we got underway just after 11am. I decided to put my charts and graphs on slides to bring a little color to the topic. I got some good feedback and interesting discussion. It was a new topic for all of them so they appreciated the opportunity to have the information and a discussion.
I have still a few more sessions and a few things to do while I'm here, but that was the last big event. It is sunny here in Leuven, though still cold. It is the feast day of the Theology faculty, so there aren't many people around, and there are various events for that. I may join in part of that because I'll have friends there.
We had good sessions at the Castle - my presentations went well and were well received. On one afternoon, we went to visit an old Romanesque abbey church, the went for a walk along the Meuse river. It was a nice break and the weather was clear but cold for the afternoon. There were about 25 people at the program there, and the group was quite diverse. That always makes for interesting discussion and interaction as people share their own experience around church, theology, law, etc. That is really enriching.
We had a dramatic trip back on the train. There were nine of us - no belgians - and we had two changes. We were traveling on a group ticket, which is a little trickier than just having your own ticket. We had to stay together, and theoretically we had to locate and occupy the assigned seats on the train. Well, we couldn't find them on the second train, then we missed our connection, the had to explain our plight to succeeding conductors. Someone said that it was quite a drama - we started explaining to one of the group, a Cypriot, what drama was, then realized it was a Greek word - oh yes, he knew what drama was....
So I'll be home in a week - lots of great experiences - lots to share.
Peace,
Amy

Comments