It's Snowing in Barcelona

I came here to warm up a little after Belgium, and before heading back to chilly St. Louis for another few months of winter. And just as I arrived, they laid in the biggest snow storm in nearly 50 years. What's up with that??? It rained in the morning, and it turned to show all afternoon into the evening. Usually it's the tourists with the cameras, but now the locals were all pulling out their cameras and cell phones to capture the moment. The bus lines shut down because with one inch of snow on the ground, it was just too dangerous to continue!!! Well, not in my world... but this is the Mediterranean after all.
I did get around a good bit before getting 'snowed in'. This morning all the snow is melted and the streets are clear. I plan to head out into the touristy thing before the next blizzard hits.
I'm here for two more days, then at the crack of dawn I take off for the airport and spend all day getting back to St. Louis. There will be a 'double law party' since my friend Christine has also taken her bar exam in February. Then on Sunday we'll be celebrating my Mom's 80th birthday.
Then I should be able to settle down a bit, but the next week is the Feast of St. Joseph and all the jubilee celebrations for the sisters.
So this is how I'm spending my lent....
Peace to all,
Amy

Comments