Life is Rolling Along....
In May, I'll be going to the Grand Canyon with Mom, Dad and Tom. I have planned several trips to the canyon, but for one reason or another, none of them worked out - so this year, it looks like it will become a reality. Definitely should be a great way to start the summer.I just got the results from my Thesis Defense - YES!!! I got two 18s and a 17. For the non-KUL folks, that's excellent! I thought I would have to wait till the next exam period for the results to be posted, but alas, there's a new university wide regulation that says I get the results 'swiftly'. Apparently that means 6 weeks rather than 4 months. So good news on that front.
A few clients have contacted me - some are folks I've worked with before, others are new people. I'm not sure where they're getting my name - I'll have to ask when I have the opportunity, but for now I'm just happy to have some good leads.
This week, I posted my newsletter on transfers (my thesis topic) and I'm getting good response to that - I'm a little surprised because I thought it might be such a narrow topic that it wouldn't generate much interest - but I guess that's not the case. It will probably get play beyond my usual group of clients, that is always a good thing.
I'm continuing to knock out one writing project a week - that's my informal goal. I also doing reading and research for other projects and taking care of the myriad smaller tasks that need attention. I still have three papers for Leuven, and several articles to write. I also have some presentations to prepare. Thankfully I have the time now to dedicate to this, and I'm enjoying it.
On Sunday, a group will meet about gathering a small community at Carondelet - an intentional group that wants to connect with the younger CSJs across province, congregation, federation, etc. I'm excited about the group and think it will be a great group with whom to share community. We still have some details to work out and some ideas to explore, but it looks like I'll probably be moving to Carondelet in June. I've started bringing things to my office (also at Carondelet) in preparation for the move.
Comments