Moving - Updating

I'm planning to move to Carondelet (back to the motherhouse) over Memorial Day weekend. My office is already there, and I've been bringing a few things down each time I've gone to my office. But next weekend I'm hoping to bring everything and make the move final. I've lived there before, and had my office there before, so a lot of similarity. But my community will be different (well somewhat different), and we are planning to have an intentional community. Of course, I guess religious life is pretty intentional anyway. So we'll see how that all works out. I've really only been in my current house since September, and I was away three months, so I've really hardly settled here. However, I've lived here before too, so it wasn't hard to settle in. This is a great neighborhood, with lots of great walking spaces. That will be the biggest difference, I guess.
I'm also updating my computer. I wanted to wait till I got to Carondelet, or nearly got there because there are sometimes glitches, and I can always use my office computer if the laptop gets buggy. It's Lucid Lynx, a long-term-support release of Linux. So hopefully I can get it updated and cleaned up and it will last for awhile. I've heard good things about it.
My last bit of news is that I have Jury Duty tomorrow. Oh, that reminds me, I have to find the bus route. Anyone with hints on how not to get selected for a jury, feel free to post. I'm in the civil courts building, so hopefully it won't be a criminal case. They give two hours for lunch, so I'll try to walk over to the library on the lunch break.
So next post I'll be moved into Carondelet, though it may take more time to get 'settled' in.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

Unknown said…
1) I'd think a lawyer nun bleeding-heart would be objectionable to one side or the other.
2) Linux is the wave of the future, time to jump aboard everyone.
Anonymous said…
I've gotten a letter from my doctor stating that I am really not a good candidate for Jury duty.
Other than that, being a lawyer should work I would think. Typically Engineers and Accountants are excluded partly because they tend not to take things at face value. Bringing a coil of rope will probably get you excluded as would wearing a shirt stating your objection to the state killing people for killing other people.