Over 100,000 hits!!!


I just passed 100,000 hits on my youtube tatting video - pretty cool!!! In the early days of the sisters of st. joseph, the sisters used to teach lace making to young women of the area so that they would have a source of income. I don't think they used YouTube at the time, but they did what they could. So what can I say - times change. I'm teaching folks to tat over the internet. And if they can access the video, they probably have at least a computer and a highspeed connection. But still, there's a connection to the roots.
The group was called the "little design" at one point. This was probably an allusion to the lace designs as well as the notion that they were just a small group that was doing something small. But like the designs in the lace, it grew and grew to thousands of us, all over the world.
Designs are also interweavings, that pass in and out and over and other each other. It all works together in a lovely way, but it can seem messy along the way. Probably best to have a 'Master Weaver' on hand to untie the knots, and create new patterns along the way.
The video above is the one with the most hits, but this one is clearer:

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Unknown said…
Wow, you are world famous in the tatting world! By the way, very nice camera work!
Anonymous said…
My only comment is that you might move a little slower when feeding the thing with the spool of thread in it. When you move around your fingers, it is a little hard to follow. Then again, I have no idea what you are making and or why you are making it.