Peas Today!
Today, I harvested all of 11 pods, equaling over 60 individual peas. That's the first harvest for me this year, so I'm excited about it. I also got advice from my brother Chris on the poor growth in the plot. He made suggestions on improving the soil - organically of course, over time - with a little synthetic kick to get some yield this year. So things are already looking better. Zucchini is looking good and I have beans and limas coming. There are some flowers that I planted and some others that were volunteer - I'm not sure what they are.
Tonight we'll get our little community together to start working through organizational stuff: where to put things, cooking, shopping, hanging pictures, times together, etc. We're planning on homemade pizza - a fun, easy new recipe I tried.
I've also had some good leads for work this week, so there's some follow-up, but a lot of waiting to see if they pan out. I'll probably start another article that I can also use for a presentation this summer; I always enjoy the writing aspect of my work. I also have to get started revamping my website - it's been languishing for awhile.
peace,
Amy
Comments