It's Official!!!

I got news today that I got the JCL / MA in Canon Law - Summa Cum Laude. Coolness! I'm getting some new clients and keeping some old ones as well, so that is going well. I could use some more work, but it's starting to pick up. I'm also mailing a new brochure to all the religious communities in the country, so hopefully that will generate some new clients as well. So all in good time.
I'm enjoying working with the clients that I have and I feel that I have some experience and expertise that they can use and they very much appreciate. I also enjoy helping them further the work that they are doing. I feel like I'm a part of all the marvelous things that my clients are doing to make the world a better place. That is really rewarding.
So far, I've been getting a good number of new clients with canonical issues, or with a mix of civil and canon law. In the past, about 1/3 of my calls were about canon law, and I had to turn them down. Now I can say: sure can help you.
I have been writing articles - basically taking the papers and thesis I've written for the canon law program, and turning them into articles for various publications. That way they get more play than just being read by a professor and shelved. Also, it is another way of getting my name out and letting people know what my expertise is. Hopefully it will also get some people interested in my services.
I'm trying to finish a few things before heading out for retreat next week. I'll be going to Concordia KS - to the CSJ place there. I've been there, but never for retreat. So hopefully it will be a good experience. Its an 8 hr drive, so I'll get a little quiet time on the way over to get in the zone for retreat.
Thanks to everyone who prayed and supported me during the JCL studies. I started this blog on my way over to Leuven for studies. I'm not sure if I'll continue, but I'll keep going for a while at least.
Peace,
Amy

Comments

FYI The left side of your entries is cut off on my computer. I'm not sure if it's just mine or not, but you might look at it. Glad you are official, and let the pea pods keep coming.
Unknown said…
Congratulations on your degree with a latin suffix! When are you taking on cases that St. Jude wouldn't touch?