CSJ TalkShow Today

Medaille's 400th Birthday - Joyeux Anniversaire
Time: 10/06/2010 07:00 PM EDT
Show Notes: This is a web/teleconference gathering for the 400th Anniversary Celebration.
7:00pm Eastern, we'll open the call, and exchange greetings with participants.
7:30pm we'll pray together the Divine Office from MedailleOnline**
8-9pm we'll share reflections on our celebration. Feel free to call in or log in for all or part of the celebrations.

Login

Call in:
Phone Number: (724) 444-7444
Call ID: 88959#
Guest PIN: 1#



This evening I'll be hosting a global internet talk show in honor of Medaille's birthday. You can participate by phone or online at http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/88959

If you click into it beforehand and listen to a welcome message, you'll have a better sense of what to expect this evening when the program begins. All the details are there.

Medaille is the Jesuit who was associated with the founding of the CSJs in 1650 in Le Puy, France. We've received messages from US CSJ about the event, as well as greetings from our sisters in France, Uganda, Canada and Romania.

I hope to see folks there and will post a follow-up to let you know how things went. Feel free to log in or call in for all or part of the event!

**Prayer handout can be found here.

Peace,
Amy

Comments

Anonymous said…
Baya wrote:
"Great idea, Amy! I'll try my best to be there!"
Anonymous said…
Thankyou for the invitation to be a participant in this global celebration
of Medaille's birthday. There is a 7 hour time difference, makes partying
and praying a bit difficult from the Centre International in Le Puy. Know
that we will be with you in spirit and will pray with all of you earlier in
your evening.
From our perspective the Congregation in the World is alive and well and
sensitive to the hungers of the universe and deeply involved in reaching out
to the dear neighbor ...
What a great birthday gift to Jean-Pierre Medaiille,
Sincerely with prayers,
The Team at the Centre
Carol Crepeau, Martha Tharamattatou, Rita Baum
A bien-tot????
Anonymous said…
HAVE A GREAT CONFERENCE! I'LL BE IN LONDON AT A MEETING ON THE 6TH SO WON'T EVEN BE CELEBRATING THE BIRTHDAY WITH MY LOCAL COMMUNITY. WILL HAVE TO MAKE UP FOR IT LATER.
BLESSINGS GALORE,
Anne
Anonymous said…
thank you for the invitation. I will be in Albany at the conference for the retirement home coordinators but I would like to try this the next time\

Sharon
Anonymous said…
Hey Amy,
I am sure you will understand that 7 p.m. is not my prime time. I am in Romania, so that's aroudn 2 a.m. here. I'll invite my OSBM sisters to celebrate and pray with me a few hours before you all do it.
Hope all is well!
Mary
Anonymous said…
This is an awesome experience of global connection as our charism breaks out beyond the boundaries of time and space!
Medaille will be rejoicing with all ‘his daughters’ as this celebration year launches forth.
Thank you for hosting and organizing it all and inviting us – the Medaille online community – to join in.
We Little Designers here in Ottawa have planned for an evening dinner party at a local dining room… so I may not be able to take in very much of it.
But I plan to bring along the laptop and we will see if we can make a little posting or sharing online to be in unity with all of us around the world …on the evening.
Let the celebrations begin … and the years of fidelity be marked!
Shalom,
Re you still in Leuven, Amy?

Rosemary O’Toole, csj
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the note, Amy. The only problem with being an "active" participant is th timeing... 7:00 PM Eastern is about 2:00 AM here.... I have thought about writing a note on that website... I don't remember what it is, but I saved the email note and site. May this be a wonderful event! ...And may it be ongoing in some way to unite all of us....

We are also praying diligently for all those in the "Visitation" process.... This, too, may be a very positive movement!!!!

Pat
Gulu, Uganda
Unknown said…
So, you are going to post a follow-up? Um, will it be in time for the celebration next year?
Oops, did that sound sarcastic? Far be it from me!
Peace,
Tom