Canon Law Society

I do keep strange company.....
I'm at the canon law society. There was one excellent conference on religious life - the area of my interest. And another fairly interesting presentation on the Vatican diplomatic service. I've also talked to a lot of interesting people. Many of my colleagues who studied canon law in Leuven are here. And I'm connecting with a good number of folks from the US and Canada.
The schedule is fairly relaxed just a few conferences per day, with ample time between for connecting with each other, catching up and comparing notes on our various projects. Several of those who were in Leuven with me are making progress on their doctoral projects, one will be defending in a few weeks.
I'm also staying with sisters here in Rome and getting a little more accustomed to hearing Italian, though I have to say I'm really struggling with speaking it this time. I usually try to do a little brush up in the weeks before a trip, but didn't have time this round.
The weather here has been fantastic with none of the predicted rain so far. It's been between 15-25C which is really comfortable. Today and Friday we have the afternoon off so I'm thinking of where I should wander off to.
I've been continuing to prepare for my conferences in Ireland. I'm fairly ready for those, though I'm sure I will be tweaking them right up till the end. I've talked to a few people at the conference who are from Ireland. I'm getting excited for that leg of the trip. My next post will probably be from there.
Peace,
Amy

Comments