...when in Rome!

Wednesday, we had the afternoon free, so I planned to head over to piazza venezia and head back to where I was staying. However, I linked up with a sister from Ireland who had studied in Rome. So she took me by bus, train and by foot to her favorite sites. The photo at the left is me at the Colosseum, just to prove I was here. Then the photo below is piazza venezia. We also saw the circo massimo, and lots of ancient Roman ruins.
I've learned to avoid taking lots of photos and to just take them from the internet when I get back. So you can imagine all the sites. However, I would like to share two from the interior of the Coloseum. I didn't actually go in, but I found it fascinating, so here they are: 1 & 2.
I'm staying just a few blocks from the Vatican. And I go around to the other side each day for my conference. So I'm always in the shadow of St. Peters dome, another iconic Roman site.
I talked with Mom and Dad today. They both sounded chipper. I told them I would send along some photos of what I had seen, so here they are.
I have one more full day of meetings here, however, I understand that is a transportation strike. So I'm not sure if my bus will be running. I could walk it, but it's a bit of a hike, given the tenuous situation with my feet. They are MUCH better, but I don't want to put them over the edge.
Then Friday is free after one final wrap up meeting. I'm thinking of doing a hop-on-hop-off bus. Or just getting a day pass for the metro and making my own hop-on-hop-off experience. It will require getting enough access to wifi to keep myself on track. So we'll see how that goes - and I'll let you know.
So far all is well. The trip is good. The weather is fantastic and the folks at the canon law conference are great.
Peace,
Amy


Comments